I FINALLY remembered the password to my blog, how to get to it, etc. After reading my first and only entry from May of 2010, I have only this to say, oh how things have changed!
What is interesting to me today is what I chose to title my blog back in May of 2010, "Plant your feet." This comes from a little motto that I took on that spring. Plant your feet, look them in the eye, and tell the truth. About 2 weeks after I posted that first entry I failed a college course that cost me an extra YEAR of school. The events of the day and the feelings I had that hot, sunny afternoon are memories that I am certain will never leave me.
However looking back now I did just what my new motto spoke of. I planted my feet by sticking with my major, my calling in life. I looked them in the eye. I faced my professor that afternoon in her tiny office in Tate Page and prepared to hear everything she had to say determined to hold back tears. (while in her office at least) And finally, I told the truth. I admitted my mistake and didn't try to make excuses for myself.
Those 30 minutes in her office changed the course of my life FOREVER. not just for a year. During that next year I developed a relationship with a co-worker who is now my soon to be husband, I enjoyed my victory lap of college TO THE MAX (with a little bit more responsibility), I spent lots of time with a little girl name Ann Marie who further instilled the lesson of falling down and getting right back up like it never happened to me on an almost daily basis, and I got to live in my parents house one last time :).
So for anyone out there who actually reads my blog, I am ready to start writing in it again. Except this time over a year later, I know the real meaning of the title.
What is interesting to me today is what I chose to title my blog back in May of 2010, "Plant your feet." This comes from a little motto that I took on that spring. Plant your feet, look them in the eye, and tell the truth. About 2 weeks after I posted that first entry I failed a college course that cost me an extra YEAR of school. The events of the day and the feelings I had that hot, sunny afternoon are memories that I am certain will never leave me.
However looking back now I did just what my new motto spoke of. I planted my feet by sticking with my major, my calling in life. I looked them in the eye. I faced my professor that afternoon in her tiny office in Tate Page and prepared to hear everything she had to say determined to hold back tears. (while in her office at least) And finally, I told the truth. I admitted my mistake and didn't try to make excuses for myself.
Those 30 minutes in her office changed the course of my life FOREVER. not just for a year. During that next year I developed a relationship with a co-worker who is now my soon to be husband, I enjoyed my victory lap of college TO THE MAX (with a little bit more responsibility), I spent lots of time with a little girl name Ann Marie who further instilled the lesson of falling down and getting right back up like it never happened to me on an almost daily basis, and I got to live in my parents house one last time :).
So for anyone out there who actually reads my blog, I am ready to start writing in it again. Except this time over a year later, I know the real meaning of the title.
No comments:
Post a Comment