Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I have taken to my blog (something I rarely do) to join the conversation that is blowing up my Facebook newsfeed. (No, I’m not talking about the “So how much to you love TSwift right now?” conversation.) I’m talking about all the Thanksgiving Day shopper shaming that is happening. While I won’t be joining the masses of shoppers until Friday morning because it’s my personal tradition to finish one bottle of Cab while the turkey cooks. (I WILL, however, be venturing out Friday to get my yearly supply of hand soap for dirt cheap at Bath and Body and to get a family set of Christmas jammies at Old Navy.) MANY people will leave their families sleeping at home this Thanksgiving to have some fun and shopping fellowship all while stimulating the economy but, it seems like many Americans are judging their decision to abandon their turkey coma for mall cardio. Close those judging eyes America.
Most likely the same people (likely women) who cooked over a hot stove long enough to prepare turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, gravy, bread, appetizers, desserts, drinks, aaaannnnddd set a pretty table (whew) are also going to be the people who would like to indulge in some Thanksgiving Day Deals. Why put MORE restrictions on the people who prepare the meal? They’ve worked their ass off all day and now everyone is napping, unbuttoning their jeans, and watching football. Speaking of football….why doesn’t somebody bitch about a male dominated sport that takes place on the “sacred holiday” of Thanksgiving each year. Never. Gonna. Happen. Critics would rather take aim at the Thanksgiving Day sport that is closely associated by our society with women. Shopping.

So if all you bargain hunters out there want to make merry with your families then get jacked up on Starbucks and fight the crowds…..bless your hearts and may you get all the door buster deals my friends! 




*This is how I feel on all my Target trips.*

PS- This is mostly for jokes. So if you can't read between the lines and see that please.....BE GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment